Monday 5 January 2015

HDH Macabre Monday Monthly

The Minions are back to celebrate the Macabre with you again with a new monthly challenge.
 
The New Challenge theme for this month over at Haunted Design House is:-
 WHAT'S NEW PUSSYCAT.
You can either use a new piece of kit, or a new technique, or a theme of cats or something new. (New moon, newly dead, new life, new relationship, new year, new beginnings) .
 
Show us your most gothic, macabre, twisted creations and revel in the dark side of crafting. 
 
For my project I decided to go with the theme newly dead ( un-dead that is ). I decided to create a little booklet/ survival guide for Zombie's on becoming newly un-dead. I started by firing up my trusty photoshop programme and designed the front cover and pages to go inside the booklet. Once happy with the design I printed off the cover and the inside pages and cut to size. The front cover was then given an aged effect around the edges with some walnut stain distress ink. The booklet was then hand bound with waxed thread . To finish, the corners of the book cover and pages were rounded with a corner punch. Turned out pretty nifty if I say so myself.
 
Front Cover.
 
Inside page.
 
                                                                       Inside Page.
 
 
                                                                        Inside Page.
 
I do hope you will join us in the dungeon this month over at Haunted Design House.
 
Hugs Fiona.

1 comment:

  1. Freakin Hilarous! New body smell...grunting and moaning...100% carnivore. This book is over the top for the newly dead. Cover, just fabulous and love that green against the neutral. And always, great blood splatters.

    ReplyDelete