Monday 20 April 2015

Skull Box with DecoArt Media Line

 
I'm so loving the Media Line of products from DecoArt and have an altered wooden box to show today. I started with a plain wooden box, removed the hinges and fittings. I gave the box base and box lid a coat of DecoArt Matte Medium to give tooth to product that will be applied. I then Embossed some 300gsm cardstock and attached to the sides of the box  and box lid with DecoArt Matte medium. I then used DecoArt Modelling Paste applied through a stencil to the box lid. Whilst this was drying I used DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics to paint the sides of the box base. For the box lid I wanted the effect of carved wood and I think I achieved the look I was after. The lid was given a coat of Media Fluid Acrylic in black and once dry my stencil was then re positioned on the box lid and stippled with Media Fluid Acrylic in Titan Buff. A wash of Media Fluid Acrylic in Quinacrodone Gold was then applied. Once dried I gave the whole lid a going over with Andy Skinners Dirty wash treatment. Once dry DecoArt Crackle Glaze was then applied. Once this had dried a coat of DecoArt Black Antiquing cream was applied and wiped back to reveal all the lovely cracks. To finish the box base and lid was given a coat of DecoArt Ultra Matte Varnish to seal and protect. Quite pleased how this turned out.
 
 
Box Front.
 
 
                                                          Close up of Box Lid.

                                                                   Close up of Sides.
 
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read.
Hugs Fiona.

No comments:

Post a Comment